Copy Link
Add to Bookmark

UFO ROUNDUP Volume 1 Number 25

eZine's profile picture
Published in 
 · 28 Feb 2024

Volume 1 Number 25
August 4, 1996

Editor: Joseph Trainor


On Saturday night, July 20, 1996, at about 11 p.m., a West Virginia family watching the movie "Independence Day" at a drive-in in Dayton, Ohio saw a strange formation of colored lights shoot across the sky.

"I saw approximately 7 or 8 teal-colored lights without any specific shape," Mr. W. said. "They were flying at approximately 40 degrees above the horizon. Their appearance would have been like street lights in a very heavy fog. Their overflight was very brief, and they seemed to be traveling at a very high rate of speed, much faster than commercial or known military aircraft. They were flying in vee formation. Even though they were much less clear, they reminded me of the (1952) Lubbock (Texas) lights. They did not break formation or change direction at any time. I would estimate that their total time of overflight to be three to four seconds. It is very hard to determine how far away they might have been. There was no change in the radio station that was broadcasting the theatre soundtrack. I did not notice any noise at the time from them (the UFOs). I would like to know if anyone else in Dayton saw any UFO activity that night." Mr. W. adds that the teal- colored lights were flying from north to south. The family was in Dayton for the U.S. Air and Trade Show when they had their encounter.

On Thursday, July 4, 1996, Laura B., a 28-year-old housewife who lives near Oregon Road, just off Turnpike 80/90 in Perrysburg, Ohio, spotted an airborne disk with flashing lights sometime around 11 p.m.

"I could have sworn I saw a UFO this night," Laura reported. "I saw a UFO fly very low overhead, with lights chasing lights underneath, and it was going on a path that was unusual for any aircraft in our area. There were no other lights on the UFO except for the bright chasing ones that could be seen for miles. There were three underneath and one up on the tail end of the UFO. Unfortunately, I was the only one awake (in the family) at the time, and I was not on any type of drugs or alcohol."

Asked to describe the object further, Laura added, "The UFO's speed and height are really not known to me, but I would say that its speed was rather fast, as that of a large jet airliner. Although it was flying rather fast, it was very low, so I could see it clearly...I didn't see any red or green lights indicating it was an airplane. I saw it from miles away, eight to ten miles, and I would say it was pitch dark and the chasing lights were extremely bright white. Three lights on the bottom and one up on the tail end, blinking in order from the UFO's front to back."

In issue #24, UFO ROUNDUP reported the UFO sightings in Owensville, Ohio, south of Dayton, that took place during July. Afterward, editor Lucius Farrish of UFO NEWSCLIPPING SERVICE sent word that Owensville has been the center of a UFO flap dating back to January 1995.

According to the March 3, 1996 issue of the Cleveland News- Herald, a "shadowy blur" flew over Owensville on March 29, 1995. Less than a month later, on April 7, 1995, residents saw "a dome- shaped object" hovering over Owensville. In the autumn, the flap began anew. On September 18, 1995, a disk-shaped UFO was seen in nearby Sharonville, and on September 23, 1995, "a bright white light" illuminated the night skies over Owensville.

David M. of Cincinnati reports a strange encounter his girlfriend had five years ago in Blanchester, just north of Owensville.

On a summer night in 1991, David's girlfriend, Stephanie, and her sister, Lisa, "were harassed by strange bright lights around the Stone Lick Lake area, and it (UFO) followed her and her sister for five-and-a- half miles, weaving back and forth across the road at treetop level. The object was soon joined by another," which followed Stephanie's car "at about 30 to 35 feet above the ground. This went on until they were about a half-mile from their trailer home on Marathon Edenton Road, at which point the UFOs dropped behind the trees. Both (girls) were extremely shaken but relieved that they were almost home. As they pulled into their driveway, a bright light rose from behind the trailer and drifted toward them. The two ran for the front door and let themselves in quickly. At which point my girlfriend ran into the bedroom and hid under the covers. Her sister watched the object from the living room window and watched it hover 12 to 15 feet above the driveway. Now a strange humming could be heard, similar to that of a large transformer. The object was still too bright" for Lisa "to determine its exact shape, but she felt it was round. The object floated off across the street and over the trailer homes there" before departing.


According to the Albuquerque, N.M. Journal of July 27, 1996, Kevin McClellan, deputy director of the state Livestock Board, is investigating two recent cases of cattle mutilation.

Two dead cattle with body parts cut off were found in northern New Mexico, near the Colorado state line. The Journal reports, "The latest killing involves a 4-month-old bull calf in Arroyo Hondo, north of Taos. Its jaw was cut, its tongue was missing, the back parts of the hind- quarters were cut out, and part of the animal's sex organs were removed, a report taken by the Taos County Sheriff's Department said."

"The other incident was in the Questa area about a month ago and included parts missing from a cow's carcass, McClellan said." (Note: The cow near Questa, N.M. was killed just about the time of the summer solstice on June 21.)


Brazilian UFO groups investigating the crash of a UFO north of Varginha, a city of 120,000 in Brazil's Minas Gerais state during the early morning house of Saturday, January 20, 1996, have released more information on the controversial incident.

College student Hildo Lucio Galdino, 20, who lives in the Jardim Andere section of Varginha, has reportedly told UFO investigators Ubirajara Franco Rodrigues and Vitorio Pacaccini that he saw one of the alien survivors shortly after 8 a.m. that norning. Opening his bathroom window, Hildo looked out and saw "a creature with oily dark brown skin crouched in the alleyway." The alien, which Hildo described as having "very small hands with three extremely long fingers, kind of like a starfish," ran away when Hildo cried out.

According to the investigators, men of Varginha's Fire Department apprehended the first alien at 10:30 a.m. in front of the house at Rua Suecia 3, Jardim Andere, Varginha and threw a net over it.

On Monday, January 22, after the aliens were caught and locked up at the Escola Sargentos de Armas in nearby Tres Coracoes, Dr. Marco Alves de Carvalho, the veterinarian at the Varginha Zoo, was reportedly brought to the military post by the army to examine the six surviving extraterrestrials.

The following day, Tuesday, January 23, at 4 a.m., an Army truck convoy brought the aliens from the Hospital Humanitas in Campinas, Sao Paulo state, to the Escola Prepatoria de Cadates do Exercito, a military school outside Campinas, where they remained for nine hours.

The dead alien was autopsied at the Hospital Humanitas. The physicians alleged to have performed the autopsy were Dr. Fortunato Badan Palhares and Dr. Coradin Nesve, the UFO groups claim. Dr. Badan attained notoriety in 1989 when it was revealed that he had performed the autopsy ten years earlier on the fugitive Nazi, Dr. Joseph Mengele. Following the autopsy, the dead alien was taken to Amarais Cemetery near the University of Campinas and frozen for shipment to the United States.

At 9 p.m., the six aliens were driven to Campinas airport where they were put aboard a twin-engined EMB Buffalo owned by the Forca Aerea Brasileira (Brazilian Air Force) and flown to Sao Paulo. When they arrived, the Buffalo taxied out to an access runway where a U.S. Air Force C-17 transport plane was waiting. The aliens were then marched aboard the C-17. According to sources in the Sao Paulo tower, the C-17's destination was Albrook Air Force Base in Panama.

Sra. Thereza Starace de Magalhaes Teixeira of Campinas told the UFO researchers that her husband, Adalberto, who was at the Hospital Humanitas for an operation, saw the dead alien being wheeled out of the morgue on a gurney.

Sra. Luiza Helena Fatima de Silva, mother of two of the girls who saw a live alien in the park at 3:30 p.m. January 20, said the four "intelligence agents," three of them American, who came to her home on April 29, offered her $20,000 in U.S. dollars, cash, if she would go on Brazilian TV and deny her daughters' story.

Six Brazilian groups have teamed up to solve the Varginha case. They include the Sociedade de Estudos Extreterrestres (SEE) of Florianopolis, the Uniao Brasileira para Pesquisa de Discos Voadores (UBPDV) of Rio de Janeiro, the Centro de Pesquisas Exologicas (CPE) of Rio de Janeiro, Grupo de Pesquisas Aereo- spaciais Zenite (GPAZ) of Salvador, Associao de Pesquisas Ufologicas do Campo (APUC) of Manaus and Grupo Espirita de Pesquisa Ufologica (GEPU) of Nova Iguacu.


First Peru, then Brazil, then Australia--now Chile is the latest country in our planet's southern hemisphere suffering an invasion of unidentified flying objects. Recent sightings have taken place around the city of Valdivia, 900 kilometers (565 miles) south of the nation's capital, Santiago de Chile.

Promptly at noontime on Tuesday, July 9, 1996, a UFO appeared in the sky over Chillan, a city of 200,000 about 400 kilometers (250 miles) south of Santiago. The object was described as "very bright" and "remained motionless for a few minutes and then disappeared at high speed toward the southeast."

On Thursday night, July 4, 1996, a UFO appeared over the airstrip at Pichoy, 32 kilometers (20 miles) northwest of Valdivia. "We saw a large light, accompanied by another small one," the airstrip manager said. "The luminous UFO went at great speed over the airport, flying from west to east. In spite of the mist (sea fog), the intensity of the light was very noticeable and called everybody's attention."

Radar sets at the Pichoy tower did not register the presence of the UFOs. The objects were seen by the tower staff, the baggage loaders, plus the crews and passengers of two airliners, one from Ladeco Airlines, the other from Alta Airlines. The Ladeco jet was taxiing for takeoff at the time of the sighting. The Alta plane was just getting its luggage loaded aboard when the UFOs appeared.

On Saturday, June 29, three UFOs flew over the village of Huellehue (population-240). Among the witnesses was Sgt. Romeo Ojoda Carrasco of the Chilean Army. He said the three UFOs "seemed to be flying inside something that looked like a bubble, or perhaps their own atmosphere. I don't believe in UFOs, but what I saw, with my companions, does not have a logical explanation. Those objects moved very fast."


The United Kingdom UFO Network's newsletter of August 1, 1996 reprinted this story from the Hinckley, Leics. Herald and Journal of July 10, documenting a UFO flap in that section of Britain.

"On the evening of Sunday, June 23, several witnesses looked into the skies and saw some kind of craft, described as a huge triangular mass with two glowing white lights. One Barwell witness managed to photograph the object and these are currently being examined by top investigators."

"James Cox of Wolvey saw the UFO at 9:53 p.m. and described it as huge and definitely not an aircraft in that there was no sound or flashing lights."

"Mr. Bill Gail saw the object just before 10 p.m. Mr. Gail of Ruston Drive, Hinckley said it appeared to hover before going northwest at speed."

"The chairman of the Leicester UFO Research Society, Mr. Colin Hill, said his unit has had similar sightings reported to them as far back as the 1970s."


On July 24, 1996, the Russian news agency ITAR-TASS issued this report: "Teams of officers on duty at the defense headquarters of Kazakhstan observed for 100 minutes an unidentified flying object over the capital (city) of Alma Ata on Wednesday morning (July 24), and the chief, Anatoly Dobrynin, told TASS it looked like 'a steel- colored rhomb.'"

"The UFO was visually spotted at 04:55 (a.m.) hours local time Tuesday (July 23) in the eastern section of the city, Colonel Dobrynin said. The UFO was periodically transmitting a thin green ray (beam) to the earth, and dim red and yellow lights were occasionally going on and out (off). The object did not change its shape or form and flew through the air until it disappeared completely at 06:35 (a.m.) hours local time, Dobrynin said."

"Radars did not register the UFO, and the officers on duty did not order interceptor jets into the sky. They said they saw no reason for that and limited themselves to a report to their supervisor. Konstantin Katayev, a spokesman for the Emergencies Committee confirmed this week that information had been received from the military."

"Early in July, motorists saw a red-blue ball hovering in the outskirts of Alma Ata. The witnesses were returning to the city from the countryside, and their car engines died when the UFO flew over the road. Witnesses said they 'felt strong fear for several minutes.'"


On Thursday, August 1, the Israeli newspaper Maariv published the startling photo of a UFO on its back page. According to Maariv, the UFO, described as "a round reflective object," had been seen flying over a residential area in Moshav Tomar, in the Jordan River valley. The UFO was photographed at 4 a.m. on August 1.

Editor Michael Lindemann of the ISCNI Flash has reported many UFO sightings in Israel this summer. According to the ISCNI Flash, vol. 2, #10, part 2, UFOs have been seen in upper Galilee, in the Dead Sea region and flying over Haifa Bay.

That's it for this week. If you have a UFO incident to report, email it to us at Till next time, keep watching the skies!

← previous
next →
sending ...
New to Neperos ? Sign Up for free
download Neperos App from Google Play
install Neperos as PWA

Let's discover also

Recent Articles

Recent Comments

Neperos cookies
This website uses cookies to store your preferences and improve the service. Cookies authorization will allow me and / or my partners to process personal data such as browsing behaviour.

By pressing OK you agree to the Terms of Service and acknowledge the Privacy Policy

By pressing REJECT you will be able to continue to use Neperos (like read articles or write comments) but some important cookies will not be set. This may affect certain features and functions of the platform.